The easiest way to access the corpus, is via the VivA webpage:
- Go to https://viva-afrikaans.org.
- Register as a user (for free).
- Go to the online shop ("Winkel"), and click on "Aansoek" in the "Korpusportaal" block. (It is also free!)
- Fill out the form.
- You can read more about the difference between "Omvattend" and "Eksklusief" on this page: http://korpus.viva-afrikaans.org/whitelab-oop/explore/corpus
- Manuals in Afrikaans and English are also available on this page. Also make sure to explore the functionality of the platform using the question mark in the top left corner of the page.
- Click on "Stuur".
Your application will then be considered. If approved, you will get access to all the corpora as per the description above. (You will get some new options under [Portale > Korpusportaal] on VivA's webpage.) You will be able to do powerful searches using the well-known BlackLab/WhiteLab interface, and using CQL. Please also consult the above-mentioned manual.